To achieve success in our digital marketing
campaigns it is of the utmost importance to consider good SEO practices and
their clever application. While studying
this subject, I set out to read the book “The Key to Command SEO” by José Noguera.
I found it very interesting and it provides excellent information that should not be overlooked.
But… What is SEO?
SEO are the initials for “Search Engine Optimization”. SEO positioning is a discipline that became known at the turn of the century, with the expansion of internet and the exponential growth of search engines.
SEO work is the constant strive to reach top index positions of the most important search engines. At this moment the most important one is Google. SEO activity can be divided in two larger areas: creating search engine-optimized quality content and “link-building” work.
Below, are 15 keys to SEO, taken from the aforementioned book, in hopes they will be as helpful to you as they have been to me:
1. Make a list of keywords you believe can draw visits to our web site.
2. Write an article for each keyword, and give a unique title to each of them, including the keyword featured in the article.
3. Keep each page centered on one subject theme. Pages dealing with several themes are less relevant to the eyes of Google.
4. Create a valuable description metatag, with a call to action that convinces users to visit your page as opposed to that or your competition.
5. Use words in a natural fashion within the content. Do not overuse them; use synonyms and semantic relations.
6. Implement audiovisual content on your pages. Add “alt” tags to your images to make them descriptive.
7. Include at least one external link in all your articles, and have it point to authoritative web sites with pertaining content.
8. Keep your page optimized to load fast and be stable.
9. Avoid the use of Flash or any other element that supposes a barrier to search engine robots.
10. Use web design where content is the main element, where browsing is intuitive and is adaptable for viewing on mobile screens.
11. Avoid duplicate content, use the robot metatag to keep pages from being indexed, and choose the best URL to show your web site or page.
12. Update your contents frequently and add new content to your web site, at least once a week.
13. Generate quality content, providing value and being useful, to elicit linking and sharing by cybernauts.
14. Interact with your visitors and create communities on your social media.
15. Analyze traffic obtained, the sources where it comes from and ponder if they fit in the strategy that should be in place on your web site.
I hope each of these rules will be useful for your digital marketing strategies and we can get a debate going.