Information architecture is a way of organizing information in places like your website or your company's intranet.
It helps you achieve business objectives by ensuring that customers get the right information from your content and data.
To prepare a new information architecture, review the current situation, write your purpose and define the indicators of success.
Just do it
You can use your list in a personal way to work from there, or you can also use it to brighten up your architecture expert or your agency. Here are some important points to consider and that can be part of your list of things to do:
- Define your audience
- Write information that you want people to take away from your marketing actions
- Ask the ideal clients what information is taken away from your marketing actions
- Make a list of words that people associate with your business
- Check if your messages, your icons, colors and images are aligned with those words
- Define the meaning of your information architecture
- Review the language of your information architecture
- Make sure your employees and marketers know what language to use
- Choose what metrics you will use to measure the success of your new information architecture
Do you want to learn more about information architecture?
You can see the practical guide by Abby Covert (http://abbytheia.com/) to know more about the subject, I also recommend the Google App Primer, in it you can learn different topics in just 5 minutes.